Sunday, October 18, 2009

Singapore Entrepreneur - What's My Strategy

In May, I wrote about my investment strategy which worked during the doldrums in the stock market for the past one year. My returns for the past one year is on par with the Straits Times Index which has since regained about 60% from its low in Oct 2008.

Today, we are seeing a relentless rally of of regional markets, including Singapore's. It seems the long anticipated correction is not ready to show itself anytime soon. Anyway, I have again tweaked my investment strategy since those counters I have been investing for the past year have been constantly on the uptrend which saw very small swings in recent months. I now stay on the sidelines and await a dip in the counter and grab them at current low price. I then hold them longer, between one and three months. With the current momentum, I believe the STI will continue to grow albeit a correction may be round the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment